Anthea’s Hope story by Jim Duchene tech by Grok 1 The desert stretched endlessly before Thomas Jerome Newton. A cracked and desolate expanse that mirrored the fate of his home planet, Anthea. He stood atop a dune. His thin frame cloaked in a tailored suit that seemed out of place against the barren landscape. His eyes, hidden behind dark sunglasses, scanned the horizon. Not Earth’s, but a simulation he’d built in a Nevada warehouse. It was a desperate attempt to feel something of home. A planet dying of drought. Its inhabitants reduced to dust and memory. Newton had come to Earth decades ago with a mission. Amass wealth. Develop technology. Save Anthea by bringing water back. He’d succeeded in part. His patents had made him richer than King Solomon, but the planet’s bureaucracies, wars, and petty squabbles had delayed him. Now, time was running out. Anthea’s last transmissions had...
I got home from work the other night, and saw my little girl was watching the holiday classic Rudolph, the Red-Nosed Reindeer . I grimaced. I'm not saying that holiday special is bad (which it is), I'm just saying the only thing worse would be listening to Miley Cyrus sing Nirvana's Smells Like Teen Spirit . (And the only thing worse than that is watching her dance to it.) I sat down anyway, and watched it with her. Once again, I was reminded of that time, not so long ago, when I met a brave little pig. I drove down to a farm in the lower valley of El Paso, because I had heard farmers tended to have attractive daughters with liberal ideas about hospitality, but, instead of a daughter, this farmer had a pig. The pig was missing three of it slegs, one of its two eyes, both ears, its tail, and part of its snout. ...
Nelson Mandela! Dead! The hip-hop community and urban youths all mourn this great man... even though they don't know who he is or what he did. Nelson Mandela! Dead! The hip-hop community and urban youths all mourn this great man... but there must be SOME way to blame the white devil. Nelson Mandela! Dead! ''I'm glad I was able to show him what else I could do with my tongue before he died,'' Miley Cyrus said, twerking in sadness. ''I'll always remember what he told me afterward,'' Miley Cyrus continued, wistfully. ''He said: 'I'm not Nelson Mandela.''' Nelson Mandela! Dead! ''What difference does it make?'' shrieked an aging Hilary Clinton, confusing Mandela with the 4 Americans murdered by Muslims in Benghazi. Nelson Mandela! D...
Comments
Post a Comment