Wednesday, February 3, 2021

Dear John: Special Ding Dang Do Edition!

Hard Core Advice
From Hard Core’s Hardest Core...
John Leslie!
  
Dear John,
     I recently reconnected with my old girlfriend from high school.
     I moved out of state at the age of 30, and we lost touch. Turns out, she lives about 70 miles from me. Neither of us is married or had children.
     Someone told me where she works, and I called her. She called back the following weekend, and we talked for hours. It was a good conversation, and it ended with her saying she would be in touch in the next few months. We had discussed getting together for lunch.
     It has been almost 4 months, and I'm puzzled as to why I have not heard from her. Should I let it go or contact her once more? It bothers me that she doesn't want seem to want to get together and hasn't told me why.
     Any suggestions?
     --Left Hanging
  
Dear Hanging,
You know, I'm in the middle of a thing right now. Can you write me back later? I promise I'll get back to you then.
  
Dear John,
     An issue needs addressing regarding same-sex marriage, and I hope you will share this with your readers.
     When asking someone about his or her marital status, please keep in mind that when the person responds "married," it may not necessarily mean it is to a person of the opposite sex. It would be better to ask, "What is your spouse's name?" instead of automatically saying, "And his/her name is...?"
     While dealing with customer service recently, the service representative kept saying "your partner" every time I said "husband." After three corrections, I emphatically stated "my HUSBAND," and she begrudgingly finished our transaction (and, yes, I did speak to her supervisor).
     "Partner" implies being in a business of some type. I know some people refer to their spouses as partners, but not everyone does.
     Thanks for printing this.
     --Sulking
  
Dear Sulking,
Funny, but "husband" is what your "spouse" calls his "best friend" behind your back.
  
Dear John,
     I am a 65-year-old woman, attractive and lonely.
     I am uncomfortable using dating sites because I have genital herpes. I was infected by my first husband more than 40 years ago.
     If I were to meet someone on one of those sites, when would be the right time to reveal my problem? After we have gotten to know each other? Or should I be up front about it, and say something when we first meet.
     "Hi, I'm Julie, and I have herpes."
     I am, naturally, afraid of condemnation and/or contempt.
     --Unsure
  
Dear Unsure,
If you were interested in sex when you were still with your first husband, you wouldn't have this problem
  
Confidential to What Do You Do?:
After sex, I usually turn off the computer.
  
American Chimpanzee
@JimDuchene
  

No comments:

Post a Comment