Sunday, December 6, 2020

Emails To My Brother: Two Thanksgiving Stories

I called our father on Thanksgiving to see how he was doing and to wish him a happy holiday.

     "Hi, pop," I said. 

     "Hi, son," he answered.

     "How was your turkey?"

     "The one I live with?" he answered. "He's fine." 

  *******************************************

I called our father on Thanksgiving to see how he was doing.

    “How’s your Thanksgiving been, pop?” I asked him.

    “Oh, good, good,” he said.

    “What are you thankful for?”

    “I’m thankful for you, of course, and I’m thankful for the enchiladas you never forget to bring me, they’re so delicious. I’m also thankful for the coronavirus.”

    “THE CORONAVIRUS!” I yelped. “Why are you thankful for the coronavirus?”

    “It keeps your brother away.”
  
American Chimpanzee
JimDuchene.BlogSpot.com
RaisingMyFather.BlogSpot.com
@JimDuchene

No comments:

Post a Comment