Wednesday, September 6, 2017

Random Questions

Is love really enough?
 No.

Why do we park in a driveway and drive on a parkway?

 For the same reason our noses run and our feet smell.

Who was Jack the Ripper?

 I answer this in my "Fifty Shades of Grey" parody 
in Chapter 19d, which was posted on this blog on July 13, 2015.

Why does time fly faster as you age?

 Time is constant. It is we who slow down as we age, thus making it seem as if time has accelerated.

Why does the Big 10 Conference have 12 teams, and the Big 12 Conference have 10 teams?

 It's a stereotype that athletes are bad at math.
Or is it?

Who is in charge?

 Charles.

Why is it that if you tell someone not to touch a hot burner, they touch a hot burner?
For the same reason people ignore Wet Paint signs.

 Why are we still teaching to tests (in the schools) and not real stuff?
When you vote the same incompetents into office year after year, you lose your right to complain about the bad laws and policies they pass.

 How long am I going to live?

Not as long as you'd like.

If the fifth dimension does really exist, where does it exist?

Outside of the fourth dimension and just inside of the sixth.

Why am I here?

Most, in the scientific community, believe it's to continue the species, but it's not. It's to pass along your DNA. Also...
Can you pick up my dry cleaning for me?
Thanks.

Why do (good people--dads included--suffer, and bad people prosper)?
 
When I was a child, I once asked my father, "Daddy, why is it raining?"
And he answered, "Because God is crying."
"And why is God crying?" I wanted to know.
"It must have been something you did," he told me.

 Who is my father?

Anakin Skywalker.

What is the point of so much hate and senseless tragedy in this world?

There is no point, but the human mind is programmed to make sense of things and to find order and patterns where there are none, so it does not accept this.

Love begets love and is never finite, so why isn't it our tendency to embrace love and grow it?

You know, I asked my first wife that very same question...
   ...just before she asked me for a divorce
   
 
American Chimpanzee
@JimDuchene
 

No comments:

Post a Comment