Wednesday, June 22, 2011

My El Paso (Part One)

"My El Paso."
 
     Those three words adopted by the El Paso Times newspaper as a way to promote our fair city to the world and beyond, or at least anybody who has cash, are powerful and personal...  and sure are similar to my two-word suggestion of over a year ago.
    
El Paso!  (Insert main selling point here.)
 

     Oh sure, I understand that no one has a copyright on the name El Paso, except, maybe, Marty Robbins, but the concept is similar.  Begin with the name of our city, add the word "my" to the beginning of it, or an exclamation point to the end of it, stir in something positive, and--bam!--you're done.
 

My El Paso...  is the safest city in America.

El Paso!  The Safest City In America!
 

My El Paso...  is known for how friendly its people are.

El Paso!  The Friendliest City In The World!
 

My El Paso...  has the best Mexican food.

El Paso!  The Best Mexican Food In The Universe!
 

My El Paso...  was recently visited by Barack Obama.

El Paso!  The Barack Obama Of Cities!
 
 
Fifty Shades of Satire
jimduchene.blogspot.com
RaisingMyFather.blogspot.com
@JimDuchene
  

No comments:

Post a Comment