Friday, January 6, 2012

Hu's On First

President Obama's first trip to China, although being a complete and wonderful success where we got everything we wanted and some chop suey besides, also had its amusing moments as well.  Here is an edited transcript of Obama's private meeting with Chinese President Hu:
     Obama (sitting down):  "I'm sorry, but all your Chinese names sure have got me confused.  You'll have to forgive me, sir, but you are...  who?"
     Hu (already seated):  "Yes."
     "Yes, what?"
     "Yes, I am."
     "Yes, you are who?"
     "That's right."
     "What's right?"
     "I am Hu."
     "That's what I'm asking you."
     "No, you're not asking Yu.  You're asking me.  Hu."
     "I'm asking who?"
     "That's right."
     "What's right?"
     "You're asking Hu."
     "That's the problem.  I don't know who.  I'm sorry, but let me ask this straight out:  who are you?"
     "Yes, Hu am I."
     "Why are you asking me?  Let me put this another way:  I came here to apologize to the President of China, so who do I bow to?"
     "Yes, Hu you will bow to."
     "I've already told you, I don't know who I will bow to."
     "You will bow to me."
     "I will bow to you?"
     "No, you will not bow to Yu.  You will bow to me."
     "Why would I bow to you?  Well, that's it.  I've had enough.  I'm sorry, but I'm leaving.  All the same it was a pleasure meeting you."
     "How many times do I have to say it?  I am not Yu.  I am Hu.  President Hu."
     "Wait a minute, wait a minute.  Oh, I get it now.  You're President Hu, not who.  Well, I'm pleased to meet you, President Hu.  I'm Barack Obama."
     "Obama?"
     "Yes, Obama."
     "Ooooh...  what a funny name."
 
 
Fifty Shades of Humor
jimduchene.blogspot.com
RaisingMyFather.blogspot.com
@JimDuchene
 

No comments:

Post a Comment