Thursday, October 27, 2016

Hillary Clinton's Dream (Part Two)

Birkenstock Sandals in the Sand
by Hillary Rodham Clinton
 
One night I had a dream.
     I dreamt I was walking along the beach and God was tagging along.
     Across the sky flashed scenes from my life. For each scene I noticed there were two sets of footprints in the sand. One belonging to me and the other to the Lord.
    When the last scene of my life flashed before me, I looked back at the footprints. I couldn't help but noticed that a lot of the time there was only one set of footprints. Sad to say, but this was at the lowest and saddest times of my life, like when Bill would leave to judge the Miss Arkansas pageant or train the interns without me.
    This really chapped my hide, so I confronted God about it.

     "Lord," I told Him, "You promised me that once I decided to follow You, You'd never leave my side, but I've noticed that during the hardest times in my life there is only one set of footprints. Why, when I needed you most, do Your footprints just seem to sneak out the back door?"
     "Um..." God said, hemming and hawing and shuffling on His feet uncomfortably, "those are Bill's."
   
 
American Chimpanzee
JimDuchene.BlogSpot.com
RaisingMyFather.BlogSpot.com
@JimDuchene
 

No comments:

Post a Comment