Monday, April 22, 2013

The Boston Marathon Murderers

Almost immediately after the second Boston Marathon murderer, 19 year-old Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, was captured, the news media began making excuses for him and setting up his defense.
     "He's only 19."
     "He was influence by his older brother."
     "How would YOU like to live with the name Dzhokhar Tsarnaev?"
     Why all this sympathy for the cold-blooded young killer? I have no idea. An early morning radio co-hostess implored her listening audience to have compassion for him.
     "He's so young," she pleaded.
     Fortunately, the actual host of the program, being a guy, showed a little more common sense.
     "He may be 19," he reminded her, "but he still knows the difference between right and wrong."
     I agree. For all we know, the surviving brother was the mastermind of this terroristic act of cowardice. It's not impossible that Dzhokhar was the puppet master and his 26 year-old brother, Tamerlan, was the puppet. The impossible is always probable, and the probable is always possible. (Man, I'm so smart I even impress myself sometimes.)
     For example, 19 year-old kids in the 60's were given stiff prison sentences for doing nothing more than smoking pot. Prison. For pot!
     Furthermore, I recall once listening to the radio talk show of Michael Reagan, President Reagan's son. It was many years ago, and I don't know why I was listening to him, since I don't like him or the horse he rode in on, but that day I must have had a gun pointed to my head. He was crying crocodile tears about how he was molested by an older man when he was a boy.
     I immediately felt sorry for him. Nobody deserves that. Not even a Reagan. And then he let it slip that he was 17 years-old at the time.
     Say what? At 17, he was a young man, not an innocent boy. Once you get into your upper teens, you're no longer a helpless victim, you're an active  participant.
     So, excuse me, I'll save my compassion for the actual victims of these traitors to America and to their Muslim faith.
     On the amusing side, the sexily cute-as-a-button actress Zooey Deschanel was named as one of the bombing suspects by a 24-hour TV news channel in one of their bottom-of-the-screen scrolls. If she actually was a suspect, I bet it was because law enforcement agents were anxious to conduct a full-body search on her.
     Speaking about the news media, I found the contortions of various news media outlets to avoid referring to the two murderers as Muslims amusing. Every other sentence had a reference to their Chechen ethnicity, but their religion was like Harry Potter's Lord Voldemort, in that no one dared say its name.
     Chechnya was quick to distance itself from the two murderers, as did their uncle. I couldn't blame him.
     He still had to live next-door to his American neighbors.

A Rebuttal by El Paso Times Newspaper Reporter Marty "See You" Schlader

     I've thought about it long, I've thought about it hard, and then I thought about Ron Jeremy, but that's neither here nor there, except in Ron Jeremy's case, where it can be here, but it can also be over there.
     These are hard times we live in. Whether you want to start at the Oklahoma City bombing or at the Columbine High School massacre or something more recent, like Lindsay Lohan's career. We now live in a world where things just don't make sense.
     One thing I do know is we should not rush to judgement. Even Adolph Hitler, the exterminator of six million Jews, enjoyed painting pictures of puppies and kittens and clowns crying.
     What's a few less Jews?
     Thank you.


American Chimpanzee
jimduchene.blogspot.com
RaisingMyFather.blogspot.com
@JimDuchene
    

No comments:

Post a Comment