Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Dear John (6-5-13)

Hard Core Advice From
Hard Core's Hardest Core... John Leslie


Dear John,
     I am in my 20's and am engaged to a beautiful girl. Our religion prohibits sex before marriage, but what religion doesn't, eh? Anyway, when we're making out and my fiancé (I'll call her Betty," since that's her name) tells me to stop, like the energizer Bunny, I keep on going and going and going. I don't know what the big deal is, but Betty tells me that when she says no, she means NO.
     The last time we were making out, she told me to stop. I didn't, so she slapped me on my cheek! And I don't mean on the fun one. It felt like I had been stung by a bee, and, believe me, I know what bee stings feel like. Besides not stopping when my fiancé tells me to, I also have the annoying habit of poking at bee-hives with long sticks. Anyway, Betty said she had no choice.
     My cousin told me that in a dating situation, it's always the woman who sets the rules, and it's her prerogative to say no, and even slap you on your cheek (and I don't mean the fun one) if she has to.
     What do you think?
     --Frustrated

Dear Frustrated,
You're getting married, you say? Then I think you'd better get used to hearing the word "no" a lot.

Dear John,
     I'm a 13 year-old girl. Last night, my mom and I decided to watch a movie together at home. My mom was tired from a long, hard day at work. To make a long story short, she fell asleep.
     I am just wondering, is there is a proper etiquette about  falling asleep during a movie?
     --Wondering

Dear Wondering,
One time, a date of mine fell asleep while we were watching a movie at my apartment. Let's just say that she won't be making THAT mistake again.

Dear John,
     I believe you missed the boat with your answer to "Irritated," who said she was irritated by a woman who continuously carried on a cell phone conversation during a funeral. You said it was impolite, even if she was the widow, but that the cell phone could have been put on "mute" or "vibrate" or something.
     We have lost all sensitivity to others. At funerals, weddings, movies, and church services. Cell phones should be left at home or in the car. If something is so important that one must stay connected, one should not attend the function.
     Not so long ago cell phones didn't exist, and we still...

RING!
    
Dear...
Excuse me, but this might be important.
"Hello?"

Confidential To TV Addict
Sorry, but you're wrong. The name of the dog on The Brady Bunch was Alice.
 
 
American Chimpanzee
jimduchene.blogspot.com
RaisingMyFather.blogspot.com
@JimDuchene
  

No comments:

Post a Comment